What AKA brings to your table
A tailored approach.
- Your institution or organization has a distinctive culture and personality – with challenges and needs to match. Our engagements are custom-built accordingly.
Complementary, tested talents.
- Your AKA team is drawn from our worldwide network of experienced consultants and executives to meet your specific needs and goals. We’ve been in the trenches as executives in leading nonprofit organizations, as university faculty and senior executives, and as members of governing boards.
Collaboration and candor.
- We’re skilled in listening carefully and understanding the unspoken. We’ll help you ensure the right questions are squarely on the table, analyzed with appropriate tough-mindedness, and discussed collegially and openly.
Respect for the power of process.
- In consensus-driven organizations, how things get done is as important as the resulting outcomes and deliverables. We encourage buy-in among your key stakeholders in transparent, engaging ways.
We add value to our clients and the mission-driven sector as a whole by continually investing in insights and ideas. Look to AKA for actionable perspectives on:
- The common characteristics of healthy and successful universities and colleges and other nonprofit organizations going forward.
- The impact of evolving technology, digital communications, AI, and social media on institutional mission, organization design, financial architecture, strategic positioning, and public perception.
- The ongoing evolution of successful institutional governance
- The dynamics of successful strategic transformation and the cultivation of nimble, innovative, and thoughtful institutional leadership.
- How universities and colleges and other nonprofit institutions can best become global in perspective, attitude, culture, and activities.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
AKA|Strategy is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the firm and in our work with clients. We believe that multiple perspectives, lived experiences, and different voices enrich understanding, deepen insights, and enhance excellence. We strive to ensure an inclusive and empathic work environment, support a multi-talented consulting team, and strive to increase the realization of equality in higher education, arts & culture, and the nonprofit sector.